23 Feb EVC is Hiring: Archive Distribution Manager
The Educational Video Center (www.evc.org) is seeking an exceptional full time mission-driven Archive Distribution Manager to oversee the maintenance and dissemination of our living archive of youth-produced films. EVC is a nonprofit youth media arts organization dedicated to teaching documentary video as a means to develop the artistic, critical literacy, and career skills of young people, while nurturing their idealism and commitment to social change.
For over three decades, EVC youth producers have produced award-winning short documentary films on social justice issues impacting them and their communities. Our archive of over 200 artful youth produced films explore topics such as police brutality, healthcare inequity, environmental racism, unequal education, gentrification, mental health struggles, LGBTQ+ discrimination and more. This position reports to EVC’s Executive Director, will be guided by EVC alumni advisory, and will supervise a full time Film and Video Archivist.
- Builds, manages, and maintains digital video archive platform(s) for online video monetization through editorial licensing, as well as for independent screenings, teaching, advocacy, and research purposes.
- Familiarity with archival video platforms and metadata standards for multiple audiences, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current trends, issues, workflows, and best practices associated with moving image conservation and distribution.
- Expertise in copyright law as it pertains to video, film and media collections; responsible for researching and responding to copyright and ownership issues.
- Ensures accurate and up-to-date inventories and reconciliation of archives and records.
- Evaluates and coordinates the re-housing and stabilization of archives as needed.
- Develops EVC archive code of ethics in collaboration with EVC alumni advisors, Executive Director and other stakeholders.
- Advises in the creation, development, and implementation of collections management policies and procedures, as well as departmental goals and preservation planning.
- Responsible for working alongside the leadership team to develop distribution strategies, goals and three-year archive monetization business plan.
- Coordinates and facilitates archive access and licensing requests, as well as responding to archives information inquiries and requests.
- Structures and negotiates various editorial video licensing and distribution agreements for archive usage requests.
- Day-to-day platform relationship management and channel growth; Responsible for all aspects of ongoing partnership management including partner onboarding, licensing negotiations, subscriber and viewership growth, technical cooperation, marketing initiatives and new partner development.
- Monitor breaking news and pitch relevant content to appropriate users.
- Analyze user and usage data, and prepare regular reports on engagement and trends and provide insights to inform decision-making.
- Maintain understanding of competitive marketplace and key differentiators
Other responsibilities as assigned and required.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies or Archival Studies, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Experience with professional archives licensing and management.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of video content needs and technical requirements of both current and emerging digital platforms.
- Strong editorial judgement, intellectually curious, well-read, and abreast of current events, politics, and popular culture.
- Must believe in the power of stories to create social change; creates and sustains a race equity culture towards a more just and equitable world.
The position will be compensated at a full time rate with benefits in the range of $60,000 – $70,000 commensurate with experience, and will be supervised by EVC’s Executive Director.
This position is eligible for vacation, sick days, and organizational holidays with health and dental insurance, commuter benefits, and more.
This position is presently remote and could be in-office when it is safe to do so.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter detailing how your experiences match the responsibilities of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.