06 Sep Apply to EVC’s Fall Youth Documentary Workshop!
EVC is now accepting applications for our signature program, Youth Documentary Workshop (YDW). Interviews will be held during the week of September 16th, 2013. For more information and an application, please contact the Youth Documentary Workshop Co-Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
YDW is EVC’s 15-week internship program, which starts Wednesday September 25th and runs Mon through Thurs, 3pm – 6pm. In the BYDW, students produce a 20 min. film using professional documentary techniques and receive HIGH SCHOOL CREDIT!
You will also learn:
• How to use a professional video camera and audio equipment
• How to use a professional digital editing system on a Mac
• How to investigate and report on a story
• How to compose shots
• How to interview people
• How to write narration with an audience in mind
You do not need prior video experience to be eligible for Basic Doc Workshop.
You are eligible if you are a New York City public HS student and:
• You are comfortable working in a group with other youth
• You have a desire to take initiative and pride in your work
• You have an interest in learning about social issues in your community
• You are comfortable writing about your daily experience as you become a youth producer
• You are willing to become knowledgeable on a social topic and represent your film during public screenings
• You can commit to the program schedule!